工作單位的人際關系
我和他很合得來。
I get along well with him. *get along (well) with...“和……合得來”、“和睦相處”。
What’s John like? (約翰是個什么樣的人?)
I get along well with him. (我和他很合得來。)
I get on well with him. *英式英語。
我跟她合不來。
I don’t get along well with her.
I don’t get on well with her. *英式英語。
我很尊敬他。
I respect him.
I highly respect him. *強調說法。
I look up to him.
我瞧不起他。
I despise him.
I look down on him.
我想和大家和睦相處。
I want to get along with everyone.
I hope I will get along with everyone. (我希望能和大家和睦相處。)
你跟她合得來嗎?
Are you getting along with her? *get along“合得來”、“和睦相處”。
她根本不搭理我。
She ignored me. *ignore“不放在眼里”、“不理”、“假裝看不見”。
What did she do? (她怎么了?)
She ignored me. (她不搭理我。)
She gave me the cold shoulder.
She didn’t pay any attention to me (at all).
我不知道他在想什么。
I don’t know what he’s really thinking.
I‘m not sure what he is thinking about.
I don’t really know what is on his mind.
我沒有理由讓人嫉妒。
I have no reason to be envied. *envy“羨慕他人或物”,“嫉妒”。
There is no reason to be jealous of me.
There is no reason to envy me.