round the clock=all day一整天,夜以繼日,日以繼夜。
Rachel說EMMA:she poops around the clock.她整天都拉.
after hours非營業時間
記得FLASHBACK里,有個Missy,那個他們約定不可以約會的女人,她對ROSS說,她和CHANDLER曾經約會,還在實驗室關門的時候去那里“玩”。
We’d go to the science lab after hours!
out of the blue
突然,沒有料到(美國人不常用~至少他們六個沒用過~)
Emily給ROSS留言:I know this is out of the blue but uh, I’m getting married tomorrow.
我知道這很突然,但是,我明天要結婚了。
show my true colors原形必露,露出本來面目
Phoebe: No! It’s my first birthday with a boyfriend, and he has to work. Ugh, I get mad at him, but I think it’s a little to soon to show my true colors.
我雖然非常生氣,但是我認為現在就給他點顏色看看太早了
the world is your oyster,Paint the town red和Kick up the heels都有唱歌,跳舞,喝酒,放縱狂歡的意思。
Ross: No, no, really. You should go. Just go! Go! Go out! Really, the world is your oyster. Kick up the heels. Paint the town red.不,你應該去.去!去吧!真的~快去放縱一下自己吧.
(但是這幾個詞有點老土,所以,RACHEL說,你應該學些新的俚語了)
Go in one ear and out.....
一耳進,一耳出
Ross: So I told Carl, ’Nobody, no matter how famous their parents are, nobody is allowed to climb on the dinosaur.’ But of course this went in one ear and out.....
所以,我告訴carl,不管他們的父母多有名,誰都不允許爬上恐龍,但這些話當然一耳進一耳出
a slap in the face當面一棍子。當頭一棒
Amy: Its such a slap in the face. I’m your sister and you would give your baby to these strangers over me. 真是當頭一棒啊。我是你的妹妹,你竟不考慮我就把孩子給這些陌生人。
cold feet變得害怕,膽小
Ross: Situation No. 1: You’re with Monica, the wedding is about to start when Monica gets cold feet. Go!
狀況一:你和monica在一起,婚禮快開始了,這時monica害怕了。
hands full非常忙碌
The Interviewer: You must’ve had your hands full.你一定非常忙吧。
Chandler: That I did. That I did.
have a heart
有點良心,好心腸
Ross: Lady, he is people. He has a name, okay? He watches Jeopardy! He he touches himself when nobody’s watching. Please, please have a heart!
Ross為救MARCEL~向護士苦苦請求
Not the end of the world又不是世界末日,沒什么大不了的
Monica: I shouldn’t have come down on you so hard about the smoking. So you had a few cigarettes, it’s not the end of the world.
(come down on sb.斥責,懲罰,訓斥)
Here we go again又來了.(表不滿)
Robert: Oh God! Here we go again. Why does this keep happening to me?
天!又來了。為什么這樣的事總發生在我身上呢?!
Sb. Knows better than that. Sb應該明白不該做那樣的事。應該懂這個事。
相當與sb should know better.應該知道的
Joey: Well uh, I don’t know about who’s here, but I can tell you for damn sure who’s not here and that’s Rachel!!恩,我不知道誰在這,但我相當肯定誰不在這。是rachel!
Emily: (laughs) Well, I should hope not. Ross knows better than that by now.
呵呵,我希望她不在,他應該明白不該那樣做。
Ross: And shame on you! You should know better, Joey needs to work.
真為你丟臉!你應該知道的,joey需要工作!
I hate it when………. ......,我討厭這樣.
RACHEL: Monica’s always saying how nice you are, and god I hate it when she’s right.
MON總和我夸你有多好,我真討厭她是對的
Ring a bell想起什么事.
Chandler: Joe...Stalin?
Joey: Stalin...do I know that name? It sounds familiar.我知道這個名字嗎?聽起來很熟悉.
Chandler: Well, it does not ring a bell with me...反正我沒想起來這個名字.
Way to go!就是這樣!太棒了!
Chandler: All right buddy, way to go!
never say never永遠不說決不(因為你不知道將會發生什么)
Monica: Are you honestly telling me that you may never want to get married?
你是老實告訴我我永遠都不想結婚嗎?
Chandler: Well, never say never but y’know probably uh yeah, never.
恩恩,永遠不說決不,但也差不多.