吃牛排時,waiter會問“How would you like it?”就是問“要幾分熟”的意思,可以選擇rare, medium或 well-done。
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你不能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不對勁!
Let’s get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!
What’s the rush! 急什么!
Such a fruitcake! 神經病! I
’ll swing by later. =I’ll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。
I got the tip straight from the horse’s mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!
easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
flunk out 被當掉
take French leave 不告而別
I don’t get the picture. =I don’t understand. 我不明白。
You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。
hit the road = take off = get on one’s way 離開。
Now he is in the driver’s seat =He is in control now.
Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿態。
Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。 klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、笨蛋。