要是我夢見你愛我,你休怪,
When I dream that you love me, you’ll surely forgive;
休要遷怒于睡眠;
Extend not your anger to sleep;
你的愛只在夢鄉存在,——
For in visions alone your affection can live,—
醒來,我空余淚眼。
I rise, and it leaves me to weep.
睡神!快封閉我的神志,
Then, Morpheus! envelope my faculties fast,
讓昏倦流布我周身;
Shed o’er me your languor benign;
愿今宵好夢與昨夜相似:
Should the dream of to-night but resemble the last,
像仙境一樣銷魂!
What rapture celestial is mine!
聽說,睡眠——死亡的姊妹,
They tell us that slumber, the sister of death,
也是死亡的樣品;
Mortality’s emblem is given;
天國倘若是這般滋味,
To fate how I long to resign my frail breath,
愿死神早早降臨!
If this be a foretaste of heaven!
舒眉展眼吧,美人,且息怒,
Ah! frown not, sweet lady, unbend your soft brow,
我何曾心花怒放;
Nor deem me too happy in this;
夢中的罪孽要清算:幸福
If I sin in my dream, I atone for it now,
只許我凝眸癡望。
Thus doom’d but to gaze upon bliss.
夢中,也許你笑口微開,
Though in visions, sweet lady, perhaps you may smile,
莫說我受罰還不夠!
Oh! think not my penance deficient!
入睡,被美夢欺哄;醒來,
When dreams of your presence my slumbers beguile,
這苦刑怎生忍受!
To awake will be torture sufficient.